Monday, March 2, 2009


Last night was an awesome background night; I spent a couple of hours in the studio making handpainted backgrounds for some new cards! Working with alcohol inks is one of my fave techniques; on watercolor paper. Then, twinkling h20-like paint, and then sprinkled with some kosher salt actually ended up looking like leather! This was definitely an unexpected surprise, but looks pretty good.

I am starting to prep for the first of my spring shows; the Designer's Downtown Market in downtown Raleigh is March 14th in the parking lot of Ornamentea. Never done this show before...I need to repair the ripped tent panel I was going to fix last year. I will be at the Cary Spring Daze on April 25th, the Apex Peakfest on May 2nd, and the Carolina Bluegrass Festival at Regency in Cary on May 17th. Looking forward to the Spring!

I hope the snow and cold temperatures are long gone by then, this is crazy NC weather

No comments:

Post a Comment